Monday, November 5, 2012

Potato tempeh sausage soup, Peanut Butter Apple Crisp and lentil salad



Latest Creations......

Potato Tempeh Sausage Soup


If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there!   

My latest creation, comfort food for a cold fall evening, filled with homemade tempeh sausage, red potatoes, and kale in a very warming homemade broth. Mmmmmm!


I am still creating delicious recipes, all of which will be available on the Simple Chef Android app.  The app is now available and ready for download!  I'm so excited!  We've had great reviews so far. 

We finished up the last Bodymade nutrition class on Saturday, the class turned out wonderful.  I served my simple, yet delicious nacho bake along with some freshly squeezed and warmed wassail.  The food was a hit and the information in the class was amazing and very well received.  

I've had an excellent rest from my blogging, however, I must admit I miss creating recipes and posting them.  I may post a few recipes from time to time and I can't help but continue to update my readers on my success with Bodymade as I begin a new career.

I am in the process of formulating a new product that is made exclusively from whole foods as an amazing supplement!  I can't wait until we finish the formulation and production aspects and I will announce it here when it is available.  Thank you for all of your support and love!


Peanut Butter Apple Crisp

When I told my husband about this dessert he thought I had absolutely lost my mind, peanut butter in an apple dessert?  YES!  and no it is not weird!

I asked, haven't you ever heard of apples and  peanut butter as a snack!

He said yes, but I've never heard of it in a dessert.

Well, he ate his words when he tasted this scrumptious dessert!

This turned out so yummy!  I made a homemade, very low fat crispy pie crust made with peanut butter, then topped that with sliced apples, cinnamon, splash of lemon juice, nutmeg and then topped it all off with a delicious oat peanut butter crisp and baked until the apples were soft and tender and the topping had a beautiful brown crispy texture.  

This is certainly a diversion from our usual chocolate chip cookies but it was really good.  Although I must confess that I actually added some chocolate chips on top and let them melt before I ate my slice!

This recipe will be coming in the paid 'Dessert' section of the app! 

I can't post the recipe but just wanted to tempt you :-)

Lentil Salad


This is more like what I eat everyday, something simple, healthy and easy yet....delicious!  
I generally top this salad with a zesty oil-free Italian dressing like the one in my Zesty For Life Salad Dressings E-book available in the store......or some other amazing oil-free dressing from my collection of recipes!

You can always make salad amazing if you have a great dressing!


No comments: