Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gluten Free Vegan Cream Puff VS. Raw Almond Vanilla Cookies


Gluten Free Vegan Pate Choux
Gluten Free Vegan Cream Puffs
Gluten Free Vegan Eclairs





If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there!   
After years of culinary disasters I finally created a light, airy, crispy Gluten Free Vegan Cream Puff / Eclair
This gluten free vegan pate choux dough was creamy, rich and perfect.  I piped it on the pan and it looked as perfect as any pate choux should!  After MANY failed attempts to make a lovely vegan and gluten free pate choux I was very worried as I slipped these babies in the oven.

Would they rise properly?
Would they taste good?
Would they hold together?

I pressed the timer and kept coming back over and over checking on my gluten free vegan cream puffs and eclairs.  I am SO happy with how they turned out, they are AMAZING!!!

My non-gluten free hubby called them Delightful!!!

I was just thrilled with the result and I made a beautiful VEGAN Pastry Cream to fill them.  Pastry cream can be tricky and I have often seen recipes that include silken tofu but I wanted to make it without that crutch!  Don't get me wrong, I like my tofu, but I really wanted to create a very traditional vegan pastry cream.

WOWZERS, this pastry cream is yummy!  Yes, you could find me and the fam gobbling this up by the spoonful!!

By the time I finished with the vegan gluten free pate choux, then successfully created the gluten free eclairs and cream puffs and vegan pastry cream I was too lazy to try and create a vegan chocolate icing to top them, so the cream puffs got melted chocolate chips on top, it wasn't pretty but it was Oh So Good!


Why are you not posting the recipe for the vegan gluten free pate choux, eclairs, cream puffs?

Okay, remember the deal?

During the Holiday recipe creation marathon ONLY the recipes that have enough likes and comments on facebook get posted.

Unfortunately this recipe did not receive enough likes or comments and therefore will be saved for Bodymade or my Gluten Free Baking E-book!!!

You just get to look at how pretty they are........

If you want to join in on the fun so you can get your favorite recipes Click Here   
to like the peaceful kitchen and see all the AMAZING Holiday recipe creations and pick your favorite ones!!


VS.

Raw Almond Vanilla Star Cookies


I must admit I was quite surprised at the winner, but the raw almond vanilla star cookies had more interest than the cream puffs and so this recipe is the one I will be posting.

Don't get me wrong these cookies are really good!!  They are lightly crispy on the outside and still a little chewy on the inside.  They would be excellent paired with some hot chocolate or frosted.
I frosted them with a berry frosting colored with a little beet and they were adorable and delicious.

My kids love these and they are healthy enough that the kids can have them as a snack anytime!


No comments: