Friday, October 26, 2012

Gluten free seitan style cutlets and creamy orange rise n' shine porridge




Creamy Orange Millet Rise n' Shine Porridge

If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there!    
 
Delicious, creamy millet flavored with orange, banana, vanilla and a hint of cinnamon!  This is the perfect hearty breakfast for a cold fall or winter morning.  It will brighten that cold morning with the sunny citrus orange flavor but will fill your tummy and keep you warm on those cold mornings.  

I found an amazing way to overcome the somewhat gritty undesirable texture of millet and this breakfast was so creamy and delicious.  My kids cleaned their bowls and they usually don't like porridge style breakfast, they like pancakes, muffins and other baked goods.


I couldn't resist posting a couple of my recent recipes!  I know, I know I said my blog would be retired and in a sense it is......no more recipes will be available but if you want to keep up with what I am creating you can always check back for the pics.


My recipes will now only be available through: 
BODYMADE 
www.bodymadepro.com  


The new android app is the only place to get my latest recipes.


Gluten Free Seitan Style Cutlets


Oh, my these little cutlets are DELICIOUS!  They will be served on Thanksgiving as part of my Peaceful Thanksgiving menu!

It is extremely difficult to get a gluten free style seitan to work out well but these were delicious.  My husband said they certainly made his top ten list!  They held together very well, had a great texture and tasted delicious with a dollop of creamy gravy!!

I served them with delicious quinoa pilaf for a delicious, complete meal!


I went through a short period of chef block where I just could not come up with recipes but it seems it is over and I am back in the kitchen creating.  It has been fun to create without stress as well as to take time off from creating when I'm just not feeling it.

No comments: