Friday, March 22, 2013

Vegan Pizza Night.....With a Twist

Roasted Rosemary and Butternut Squash Pizza


If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there!    
 
Surprisingly this different twist on pizza was a HUGE hit with my kids!  It turned out beautifully!
I have so much butternut squash just laying around and it needs to be used so I came up with this really fun pizza idea.  I had no idea how this was going to turn out........But I took the risk!

A delicious combination of white cheese, rosemary, butternut squash and veggies.....

I made my own whole grain gluten free pizza crust and it actually turned out really good!  I made it with brown rice flour, potato starch and teff flour which gives it that whole wheat look.  I had extra butternut squash slices so I roasted them with the pizza and we dipped them in marinara sauce.......you would not believe how delicious roasted rosemary butternut squash is dipped in marinara!  Wow...we loved that!

It was like a very healthy twist on fries!


K' Thoughts on Roasted Rosemary Butternut Squash Pizza.....

Hey guys!  It's K again!  :)  Oh that pizza was glorious!!!  And the crust was amazing!! That is absolutely the BEST gluten free pizza I've ever had!!  Thanks for making it mom!  Love you!  :)


I had no idea how silly 13 year old girls could be until I had one :-)...... I was really surprised that K liked the pizza because he is VERY picky about her pizza....she usually just likes sauce, olives and cheese sauce so I didnt' expect much out of her.....much to my surprise she actually liked it and went back for seconds.

The flavors in this pizza works so well, they were fantastic!

C's thoughts......

best pizza in years the crust was very soft like gluten pizza and it would be great with root beer


My son and my hubby LOVE root beer.....and I'm not talking about the HFCS crap in the grocery store either.  

My husbands all time favorite Root Beer would have to be Virgil's Root Beer, my son likes the Virgil's Cream Soda....we had that earlier this week...well I had a sip anyway and Oh My that stuff it fabulous!  It isn't made with chemical garbage it is actually made from the natural herbs that root beer was originally made with!  Mmmmm nothing like natural flavors.

In this house you can't have pizza without cream soda or root beer!!!  I also like that they have stevia sweetened root beer and cream soda as well, we buy those most often although the BEST flavors are in the originals.



No comments: