Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Beginning of Irish Week...........


Introducing The First Irish Week Recipes....

Cabbage Rolls


If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there!   
 
These were super simple to make and my family really liked them.  I looked at a lot of cabbage roll recipes and learned that they are supposed to be quite simple and basic, the flavors are very mellow and unassuming and that is what I experienced with the recipe I came up with, however I think next time I might flavor the lentil mixture a bit more.

I thought I would share the picture with you but on the Facebook page no one seemed too excited about the recipe so I think I'll just leave it as a picture of the week instead.


Potato Farls


Okay first I must say that I DO  love my readers but seriously my followers on Facebook must be completely OUT OF THEIR MINDS!!!

This amazing Irish breakfast recipe got 3 likes, yep you read that right.....3 likes.  What is wrong with you people?  My kids absolutely LOVED these!!!  My husband loved these too we just couldn't get enough of them.   C even said he wanted them for his birthday breakfast and that is a huge deal in this house when you say you want it for your birthday meal!

We served them with a little salt and ketchup and they were fantastic. The ketchup is probably  not 'traditional' but we really liked it.

I think you could dress these up with many different toppings.......
Salsa
Sour cream
Guacamole
Ketchup
Serve topped with black beans and salsa

I realize those are not traditional toppings but you could have a lot of fun with these.

I'm not going to post the recipe here, but if anyone would like the recipe please contact me or post in the comments and I would be happy to send it to you.  If the recipe seems to be popular and a lot of people want it I will post it but for now I'll wait.


Shamrock Shake


This little number was a HUGE hit on Facebook........
I got an email about McDonald's Shamrock Shake recipe, I subscribe to all kinds of recipe emails to get ideas.

I thought, hey, I could make a healthy version of that for St. Patrick's Day.  I made this for my kids  yesterday as a snack and they both loved it.  This is a great way to get some leafy greens into your kids and they won't even care that this is green because it is supposed to be :-)  


.


1 comment:

Linda said...

I think your cabbage rolls look lovely! I have a different set of food intolerances than you (potatoes are out, alas), but the cabbage rolls just might be something I could eat...if you were to post the recipe, of course.