Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Curried Quinoa Pilaf Recipe.......Delish!

Curried Quinoa Pilaf 


If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there! 
  
Do not be fooled by it's common place appearance.....

This Quinoa Pilaf is a HUGE kid pleaser!

I had been frustrated that my kids were existing on peanut butter sandwiches and quesadillas with my cheese sauce......my daughter is so picky it is hard to get her to even think about eating anything else.  Hmmmmmm........what can I make that is healthy but the kids will actually eat?

Then I had that AH..HA moment and began creating.........The curried quinoa pilaf was born!

This delicious dish features a delicious mix of curry, nutritional yeast and spices, the quinoa and spices are sauteed to enhance flavor and then water is added and the quinoa mixture is simmered until the quinoa is light and fluffy.  

Much to my surprise and joy the kids came back for seconds.  When I asked them if they would like this for lunch again the response was a resounding.....YES!  SCORE!

This recipes is so very simple, it is quick to prepare you just sautee, add water, put the lid on and go about your business for 20 minutes and viola....lunch, add a salad and you've got a perfect meal.

I know my posts have been quite sparse lately, as I explained my computer was throwing tantrums and refusing to work!  Nobody could figure out what to do...........my techie brothers came to my rescue and they fixed it and it actually works better and faster than when the dumb thing was BRAND NEW!!

So....now I can post my recipes anytime I want to and it won't take 2 hours to do it either!  I am so grateful.

I've been contemplating adding some content to my blog.....

Meet the Fam

From Left to Right......C, Me, Hubby, and K

To protect their privacy on this public blog I will refer to my son as C and my daughter as K. 

 I will begin to  let the kids post their thoughts and ideas about each recipe so you can get a kids point of view!
I enjoy posting recipes but I realize that my readers really have no idea who I am....they don't know the 'Face' behind the blog so I thought it would be fun to add some fun facts, pictures and info about my crazy life.  I tell you my life is quite the roller coaster, in one year we lived in Utah, Tennessee and Virginia!!!  Yep....and a new move is on the Horizon which could bring either Utah or New York!  The adventures begin again.

Hopefully this will help you all get to know the 'Face' behind The Peaceful Kitchen a little better!


K's Thoughts on the Curried Quinoa Pilaf.....

"Hey!  I'm K!  I loved the Quinoa Pilof!!  It was delicious!  It was an awesome lunch to have!  I ate LOADS of it!  I would love to have it again!" 


C's thoughts on the Curried Quinoa Pilaf....

"It was one of the best things that I've ever had, my favorite part was the quinoa."

Okay, I did NOT tell him to say that, he really said that on his own but I will say he LOVES food so he isn't hard to please.



One Last Announcement.......

It is St. Patrick's Day this week.........I am doing an Irish Week making all kinds of fun Irish recipes for you so stay tuned and if you haven't joined the fun on Facebook already and want to see all the photos and fun Like The peaceful kitchen on Facebook

Mom's always ask me about nutrition.... 
So I will give you a nutrient breakdown of this dish so you can see how healthy it is.

Calculating per serving

Calories................345
Protein..............14g
Fat......................4g
Iron..................26%
Zinc...................24%
B6.....................30%
Calcium...............7%



2 comments:

thevegetariancenterblog said...

Isn't it wonderful when you have a ah..ha moment - but the real buzz is when the children love what you've done. What a brilliant creation and thanks for sharing the recipe. ps. what a beautiful family :)
Jane

Pilates said...

Jane, yep, it's always great when you can get kids to eat something healthy :-) Thanks!