Monday, March 18, 2013

Move on over Cinnabon.....Amazing Gluten Free Cinnamon Bun Recipe!!!

Celiacs Dream Come True.......

If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there!   
 
Gluten free can be extremely difficult, especially when it comes to yeasted breads!  Most gluten free yeasted products are either crumbly or so chewy they don't even remotely resemble anything edible in my opinion!!  I have spent the last 2 1/2 years trying to create a gluten free cinnamon roll recipe.....I've had MANY abysmal failures and some fairly good results but nothing that I felt worthy of being called a cinnamon roll........until yesterday!!!

Oooey, Gooooey, delicious, moist cinnamon rolls!  These were absolutely fantastic!  

In full disclosure and all honesty these are not quite as soft textured as gluten containing cinnamon buns.....but they are close!

It took a lot of contemplating about how to get a soft, moist texture but still be able to roll the things out, because most gluten free bread dough is more of a batter than a dough, so when you get a batter consistency just thick enough to roll out.....you get BRICKS!  

With a little ingenuity and creativity I was able to get a dough that was soft, pliable, rose nicely and made delicious cinnamon buns!  FINALLY!!  I almost gave up, this was honestly going to be my last attempt.

K's thoughts on the Cinnamon Buns.....



Hey, i'm here again! :) Those cinnamon buns were heavenly!  I ate 3 of them before mom stopped me!  I could have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert and not be bored of them!   Thanks mom for making them!  That was one of your BEST recipies ever!     :)
Love, K


C's thoughts on the Cinnamon Buns.....





If you are in the mood for sugar, this is the recipe for you, I love  them!! 

I guess I am a living example of the mantra.....NEVER GIVE  UP!!

My whole family really enjoyed these cinnamon rolls and I was satisfied that I had finally conquered one of the hardest recipes I have ever tried to create.  I tried to take pictures of the process so you could see how to make them....but alas my camera was out of batteries....so frustrating!  So I don't have a pic tutorial as I had planned to have but I will try to explain it......

If any of you struggle getting the details of the recipe right let me know and I will gladly make them again with my camera on full battery and do a tutorial!



No comments: