Thursday, December 6, 2012

Vegan Apfelpfannkuchen or Hot Apple Cakes

Vegan Apfelpfannkuchen or Hot Apple Cakes


If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there!   
 
Delicious, fluffy, hot pancakes layered with a delicious, sugar free apple pie filling!  This is breakfast heaven, without a sugar high!
My kids absolutely loved this breakfast, it was really fun to create and even more fun to eat.  You layer it and then slice it like a layered cake and serve.  Once served it didn't turn out quite as beautiful, but really......who needs food to be beautiful, it just needs to taste good!

I have been so busy creating Christmas recipes lately, it has been a lot of fun.  I am posting the most popular recipes and unfortunately, some recipes don't get enough 'Likes' to get posted.  I figured hey, why post ALL my recipes for free especially if they aren't popular so I decided to only post the ones that were the most popular.  

You can Like The Peaceful Kitchen on Facebook and join the fun  Click Here

A little EXPLODING Drama in the Kitchen!!!

Just what a cook does NOT want happening.......the oven being out of commission!!

We have a gas oven, in the beginning I was really enjoying it and started to get over my fear of using GAS for cooking.

I realized my FEAR of Gas ovens was NOT unfounded!!!

All the sudden my wonderful gas oven stopped heating up as quickly, in fact it was taking 15 minutes to get to 350.  I didn't think much of it until one day after the oven had been on for about 8-10 minutes and was STILL at 120 degrees I heard an Explosion!!!

As the days went on, when I would turn the oven on after several minutes the smell of gas would get stronger and stronger and then BAM it would explode. The last time I used the thing the explosion SHOOK the kitchen and scared my whole family!!!

I looked it up online and found out that this IS dangerous and it said DO NOT use the oven until it has been fixed.  Oh Joy, here I am in the middle of my Christmas cooking marathon and my oven is out of commission!!!  

We have been having sauteed veggies, stir fry, pasta.....anything I can cook on the stove....waiting for the oven to get fixed.   So I won't be creating any baked recipes anytime soon.  I am also reconsidering my idea that I like gas ovens better than electric....... these things are scary!!

No comments: