Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Chocolate Chip Filling

Vegan Gluten Free Vanilla Cream Stuffed Chocolate Cake Recipe

This vegan, gluten free chocolate cake recipe was created as a birthday dessert.  I took on the challenge of striving to create a vegan, gluten free, low sugar, oil free cake recipe.  If you have ever tried to make an oil free cake, or even a gluten free cake you understand the enormous undertaking this creation was.
One trick I have learned in low fat and gluten free baking is the amazing properties of coconut flour!  Coconut flour eliminates the need for xanthan gum in most gluten free baking and it also gives moisture to oil free baking. 

I am not a fan of powdered sugar, I rarely use it except on special occasions but I personally do not like to eat it.  I designed this cake with an oil free, powder sugar free frosting. The frosting is thin but it has a wonderful flavor. This cake turned out VERY light, moist and flavorful!  It was a HUGE hit with my family...that is until our golden lab ate the rest of it on the table!




No comments: