Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mexican Chayote Squash in Chili Sauce Recipe with Mexican coleslaw recipe on the side



We receive a bountiful basket every saturday and it is always a wonderful surprise to see what comes in our basket.  Last week it contained 3 chayote squash, I had no idea what to make with chayote squash.  I've never used this type of squash so I looked around at the FEW recipes available and I wasn't very impressed.  So I decided to create my own, this is a very good recipe with a nice flavor.

We also had two heads of cabbage so I really needed to use them.  The mexican coleslaw idea turned out amazing!  I created the coleslaw dressing without added oil.  It has a wonderful flavor but it has quite a strong lime/vinegar flavor so if you want a more creamy mexican coleslaw dressing I would suggest adding another 1/4 to 1/3 c. of cashews.  Enjoy!




Mexican Coleslaw Recipe


No comments: