Tuesday, April 5, 2011

P.F. Chang's style vegetarian lettuce wrap recipe

I have been working on a P.F. Chang's style lettuce wrap recipe for a long time.  Each time I would get close but I really wanted this to have a distinct flavor.  I created this lettuce wrap recipe at home and then took the recipe and served it at a dinner party for about 14 people.  The lettuce wrap recipe received rave reviews! You can try different versions of this recipe by using my sunburger recipe in it as well as tempeh, seitan or anything else that sounds good.

You can change the spiciness of the recipe by increasing the amount of chili sauce.  My family is very sensitive to spice, in fact, they don't even like garlic powder because it is too spicy for them, so this lettuce wrap recipe is quite mild.  If you like the spice go ahead and increase the heat to your liking.

This lettuce wrap recipe does take quite a bit of preparation but it is well worth it.  The rice stick noodles are very tricky and can burn easily.  You can certainly make the recipe without the rice stick noodles if you are in a hurry, but I think they add a unique crunchiness to the overall texture.  Enjoy!




No comments: