Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Bundt Cake with Mint Frosting

This is the latest amazing gluten free, vegan recipe to come from The Peaceful Kitchen.  I let my son choose any kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and this is what he chose.  This is the most moist, soft, decadent gluten free and vegan chocolate cake recipe you will find.  All of the children at the birthday party came back for seconds, some even came back for thirds.  This gluten free, vegan chocolate cake was a HIT and not a crumb was left at the end of the party!

I generally create oil free, low sugar recipes, but for my children's birthday parties I allow them to choose whatever dessert they want and I generally keep it fairly traditional, albeit in a gluten free, vegan way.  If you are looking for a gluten free, vegan cake to delight even the most discerning tastes this cake will deliver.  I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we have!

Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe

Vegan Mint Icing Recipe

This is a delicious, light mint icing recipe.  I created this mint icing recipe with a lower amount of earth balance than most vegan icing recipes.  The lower fat content does make it a thinner icing but as you can see from the photo above it makes a beautiful icing.


No comments: