Friday, September 24, 2010

Gluten Free Apple Spice Muffin Recipe

Gluten Free Apple Spice Muffin Recipe
Want the recipe....
Integrative Healing Clinic

It has been a long time since I have attempted gluten free baking.  The recipe was created for my daughter on her birthday, she requested muffins and I created this delectable muffin recipe.  I let my husband taste them and he liked them, then I told him they were gluten free and he was shocked!  He generally hates anything gluten free and has impeccable taste for food so that was a high compliment.  I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we did.

****Very Important:  If you attempt these muffins DO NOT buy buckwheat flour at ANY store!!!  They will not turn out.   Buckwheat flour in stores is ground from buckwheat with the hull left on and it gives a horrible chalky flavor to baked goods and is too heavy and produces terrible results in baking.

YOU MUST grind your own from buckwheat groats, the groats should be brown not black!!!
 

No comments: