Saturday, September 18, 2010

Challenge Continues......
21 Days of Menu's Recipes and Delicious Healthy Food!!

Looking for the Recipes...
Integrative Healing Clinic


Day 8

Breakfast:

Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal


This is a simple, hearty breakfast!  Oatmeal is a staple for me in the winter when it is 12 degrees outside and I just can't handle an icy cold green smoothie in the morning anymore.

 

Lunch:

Missing Egg Sandwich
This was so simple!!!  I actually put mine in green leaf lettuce:



Quick, easy, simple and delicious lunch meal.  This can even be made in advance and taken to work because it will not go bad or cause food poisoning because there are NO eggs and there is no dairy!!!

 
Sautee in pan until ingredients are warmed and well mixed.  Serve warm on whole grain bread or in green leaf lettuce or steamed collard leaves.


Dinner

BBQ Portobellos was on the kickstart menu but I didn't have portobellos, so I improvised.
BBQ Sloppy Joes


-->
BBQ sauce:

 
This BBQ sauce can be put over lentils, black beans, brown rice processed in a food processor to make sloppy joes, it can be put over tofu and marinated, it can be put over tempeh or even crumbled tempeh.  The possibilities are endless.  Enjoy!!!

Day 9

Breakfast

Cereal and soymilk

I do not eat cereal so I always make a delicious bowl of whatever fruit I have on hand with some buckwheat and oats.  You can create your own fruit bowl.

Lunch:

Kickstart menu is Dining Out Salad Bar.  Since I was at home I created an amazing recipe!!
Tempeh Salad in Spicy Peanut Dressing

-->
This is amazing!!!

 

Dinner:

Unfortunately we were out shopping for my sisters Wedding on Thursday so we just grabbed a quick dinner and I did not make dinner tonight.

Day 10

Breakfast:

Oatmeal with Mango and cinnamon


Lunch:

The menu lists a veggie burger but I was at my mom's house making food for the buffet at my sisters wedding and my mom REALLY wanted a tofu egg salad sandwich so we had them again.

Tofu egg salad sandwich

Dinner:

Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup   

I had to create this recipe on the spot for about 12 people who were working hard on wedding preparations.  It turned out amazing!!!

**Because I was at my moms I wasn't able to get a photo, enjoy the recipe.
 

Day 11

No recipes for today.  
It was my sisters wedding and we were gone from morning until late!!

Day 12

Breakfast:  Mango Delight Smoothie

 
Lunch:

Baked Yam and Salad

Dinner:

Party at my sister in Laws house so we had:
Sunburgers and Baked Fries
  

No comments: