Monday, September 13, 2010

New Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menus and recipes





Continuing with the Daily PCRM 21 Day Kickstart Menu and Recipes

Looking for the Recipes...
Integrative Healing Clinic


The recipes so far have been really good, I've made a few adjustments to the recipes to give them a little more depth of flavor or to simplify them.  It's nice to have a pre-planned menu so you don't have to think about what to make everyday.

Day 4

Breakfast:

Cereal with soy or almond milk

I just had my usual sliced banana, apple, peach with 1 Tb. buckwheat and 1-2 Tb. oats

Lunch :
Cup of soup with whole grain bread

I did not have a prepackaged soup like Amy's or Dr. McDougalls soups so I had to improvise on this one.  I had last nights curry soup with added steamed broccoli and cabbage.  It might not look pretty but it was really good and very filling.





I just used last nights curry soup and added steamed broccoli and cabbage in the soup for lunch today.  It was actually very good.  


Dinner

Do It Yourself Mexican

I set about making a fun mexican dish tonight.  I created really good Lentil tacos....YUM!

  These were delicious and so simple to make!!  

Lentil Taco Recipe



Tofu Sour Cream Recipe




Day 5

Breakfast:

Fruit Smoothie:  I have made smoothies for breakfast for years so this was an easy one for me.  This is a simple smoothie and if you don't have the Vega, it's no big deal, I like it sometimes in my smoothies.

F
Blueberry Green Smoothie

 


Lunch:

Southern Beans and Greens

I had leftover taco filling from last night, so instead of making more beans and greens I improvised:


 I put the lentil taco filling on top of a yummy salad and created a simple mexican lime dressing to put on top.  YUMMY!   The dressing was:  water, apple cider vinegar, 1 Tb. cashews, zucchini peeled, lime juice, dates, chili powder

I did not write down the mexican dressing recipe, it was something I just threw together to top my salad.

Dinner

Mexican Dining Out

 Tips for dining out Mexican Style:

  • Bajios- salad with beans, rice, lettuce, salsa, pico de gallo, mango, or veggie burrito no cheese
  • Cafe Rio- Same as Bajios
  • Most Mexican Restaurants have Been burritos, hold the cheese and sour cream, top them with salsa and guacamole
  • TGI Friday's- I have eaten the fajitas, I told them no meat, hold the cheese or sour cream.  They are actually very good but pretty oily.
  • You can always get beans, rice, salsa, guacamole, and most restaurants can help you customize an excellent meal easily.


Day 6

Breakfast

Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes


 Oooooooo, these are AMAZING!!! I tweaked the recipe because I didn't have buckwheat flour and in fact I would not use buckwheat flour. They leave the hull on and it makes the flour horribly bitter.  These are completely gluten free, dairy free, egg free and delicious!

Gluten Free Blueberry Buckwheat Pancake Recipe

-->
 

Lunch:

Bean Dip and baked tortilla chips

I opted for a nice salad topped with garbanzo beans.  This was simple and easy.  I didn't take a photo as it was just your typical salad, green leaf lettuce, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower with a tahini dressing.

Dinner:

We took the kids out to see Toy Story 3 and so on our way to the movie we stopped by Quizno's.  Here is an excellent example of how you CAN eat fast food and still maintain a somewhat healthy diet.  It's all about your dedication to eating healthy, it isn't hard at all.  I can find food just about anywhere.  


At Quizno's I always order a small Veggie with NO dressing. The dressing they use is EXTREMELY oily and makes the sandwich nearly 1/2 my daily calorie intake!!!

Without the oily dressing it brings down the calorie content considerably.  Quizno's and Subway are great, fast food chains where you can get a decent lunch or dinner on the go.


Day 7



Breakfast:


Breakfast Rice Pudding

I made this for the whole family on Sunday morning.  Everyone wanted something different in their brown rice for breakfast so I took a few photos of each option.

Apple Cinnamon Brown Rice Breakfast



I had the apple cinnamon brown rice breakfast, it is sooo good and very filling.
  
Peach Banana Rice Breakfast





My husband requested peaches in his, as he really enjoys peaches and almond milk as a dessert.  He commented that this was a really good breakfast.


Banana Rice Breakfast



My daughter LOVES brown rice, bananas and almond milk.  I made this one for her and she really enjoyed it.


Lunch:

Spinach Salad with Orange Dressing

I planned to make this and then my husband said he wanted to leave to go up in the mountains and have a picnic.  So I ended up sauteeing lentils and kale for lunch.  I also had a slice of ezekiel bread with a little peanut butter.


Dinner:

Pasta and Marinara Sauce

We have mashed potatoes and homemade gravy every Sunday and my family was begging me to make it again......so we skipped the Pasta and Marinara.

Country Gravy Recipe



Comments:

I hope you have been enjoying the menus, comments and the recipes.  I think I will continue to post on a regular basis menus and recipes so that you will be able to have a constant flow of new ideas.

Please Comment Below and let me know what you think and what you would like to see in upcoming posts.

  • More recipes
  • Do you have a favorite recipe you want me to convert to a healthier version
  • Weight loss ideas
What questions or suggestions do you have.







   










1 comment:

The Mead Family said...

I love following your blog! I am finding that these recipes are simple and they look fabulous! I am excited to give them all a try.