Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Menu ideas, healthy recipes and birthday cake

Roasted Potatoes, Cream of Tomato Soup and Birthday Recipes.....

I am changing my focus a bit because many of the menus feature very similar recipes and leftovers so I don't want to bog down readers with redundant photos and recipes so I am going to feature the new recipes and menu ideas.  I have improvised a lot and created my own recipes along the way but overall it has been an excellent experience, it is nice for a change to have everything planned out for me.

Looking for the recipes.....

Integrative Healing Clinic
Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans

  I needed to use the fresh potatoes and green beans from my garden and so I created a very simple roasted potato recipe.  These potatoes turned out delicious!  Excellent for a simple, healthy meal.

Roasted Rosemary Potatoes Recipe
Serves 4
 
 

Homemade Cream of Tomato Soup


I have so many fresh tomatoes from my garden that I had to find a way to use them.  This soup is delicious and can be served in so many different ways.  It is an excellent soup to make after harvesting fresh fall tomatoes from the garden.   I cannot guarantee the same delicious  flavor with store bought tomatoes.
 
--> 

Sauteed Tempeh and Buckwheat 
Salad in Asian Peanut Dressing



You can see the beautiful, rich buckwheat noodles in this recipe.  This was a hit with my family, it is simple to prepare and is delicious!
-->
 


Healthy Birthday Cake Recipe


Birthdays are one of the few times during the year that I let the kids have their favorite foods, however I do create their favorites as healthy as I can while maintaining the integrity of taste.  This is a beautiful oreo cookie cake that my daughter requested as her birthday cake.  Delicious!

Healthy Chocolate Cake Recipe:

-->   
Chocolate Mint and Chocolate
Peanut butter cup Cookies


There is a cookie shop that my husband likes to buy cookies, that is his worst weakness, sugar.  I wanted to make a healthier version of these cookies because my daughter loves them and requested them for her birthday.  I have a recipe for chocolate peanut butter cups and mints or you can purchase dairy free peanut butter cups online. 
These cookies are EXTREMELY rich but they are SOOOO Delicious!  In fact, my husband likes mine better than the non-vegan origianls, YAY!!
-->
 


No comments: