Monday, January 16, 2012

Greek Kale and Rice Bowl Recipe and Kale Nutrition Information

Greek Kale and Rice Bowl




If you would like to continue following my work please visit my new site:  http://www.plantbasednutritionista.com

I hope to see you there!

Delicious Greek-style meal featuring kale that will leave even children begging for more.  This amazing dish has roma tomatoes, tempeh, and instant brown rice simmered in a delicious broth with a splash of lemon juice for added flavor.   I wanted to find new ways to get my kids to eat kale, aside from 'hiding' it in chocolate smoothies.

This recipe was a total HIT with the kiddos and they did not pick around the kale either.  I couldn't believe how simple ingredients could turn into such an amazing creation.  I am grateful that I was able to find yet another recipe to get greens into my sugar loving family!  This has become a new family favorite and will definitely be a go to recipe when I need something quick and healthy.


Why do I want to get more Kale into my family's diet?

Kale is a SUPERFOOD!!!  Packed with nutrients and it contains  as much protein per calorie as Beef!

As they say.....Kale IS the new Beef!  Kale has an amazing nutrition profile!

1 c. Kale

Calories.................33
Protein..................5g
Omega 3's............ 23% daily value
 Vit. A...................1201%
Folate................... 9%
 B6........................28%
Vit. C....................178%
Vit. K....................1788%

Calcium.................20%
Iron........................13%


In 1 oz. of Beef

Calories...................34
Protein.....................5g
Omega 3's...............1%
Vit. A.......................0
Folate......................0
B6............................8%
Vit. C.......................0
Vit. K.......................0

Calcium...................0
Iron.........................3%



Not to mention all of the antioxidants and phytochemicals found in kale!   Here is one way you can get your family to eat kale and actually enjoy it!  




 

 
 

No comments: