Monday, January 30, 2012

Delicious Mexican Restaurant Inspired Mango Dressing

Low Fat, Low Sugar Delicious Mango Dressing



If you would like to continue following my work please visit my new site:  http://www.plantbasednutritionista.com

I hope to see you there!

Enjoy this delicious, light mango dressing created to mimic the dressing served at my favorite Mexican Restaurant.  My husband and I often visit one of the quick Mexican restaurants in town because of their inexpensive but delicious food.  We always share a delicious veggie salad and the mango dressing just makes the salad over the top delicious!

I realize that the mango dressing served in the restaurant is probably loaded with oil, sugar and calories and so I decided to try and come up with my own mango dressing without the high fat, high calorie ingredients.

This dressing was SO good my kids both gobbled up their salads and asked for seconds!!!

I know when I started cutting back on refined oils in my diet the HARDEST thing to find was a good salad dressing without oil.  Most oil-free salad dressing recipes I tried were bland and let's face it not worth eating!  It took a long time for me to learn the tricks of oil free salad dressings but once you learn it the sky is the limit!  You can make the most satisfying, delicious oil-free salad dressings in minutes!

Here are a few oil-free salad dressing tips:


  • If you use vinegar mixed with soymilk the soymilk will curdle and thicken naturally so your oil-free dressing will not be runny.  Substitute the soymilk for the oil in any dressing that you want creamy.
  • You can also use a combination substituting about 3/4 of the oil with peeled chopped zucchini and 1/4 cashews.  This will provide thickening and a little fat for flavor.
  • If you do not want a creamy dressing such as a vinaigrette style dressing you can simply use peeled chopped zucchini in place of the oil.
  • If you are making a sweeter style dressing use 1/2 peeled chopped zucchini and half liquid sweetener to replace the oil in the recipe.
If you are looking for that perfect oil-free salad dressing this is one you are going to want to try!  It is delicious over brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, guacamole, green leaf lettuce, onion, broccoli, carrots and all kinds of yummy veggies.  You can also serve it on top of a lunch burrito!

Enjoy!


No comments: