Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Garbanzo Quinoa Cheese Cup Recipe

Garbanzo Quinoa Cheese Cup Recipe





Healthy Garbanzo beans, quinoa and cashews are processed and then mixed with an array of fresh vegetables, nutritional yeast, and spices....then topped with delicious, creamy, rich cheese sauce and baked to perfection. 
Okay, so I admit, this recipe isn't your typical comfort food or familiar recipe.  However, it is fast, easy, simple and even the kiddos will enjoy it. 


I have wanted to create a recipe with quinoa for quite awhile, but I haven't been able to come up with something that I thought would appeal to the whole family.  The night I created this recipe I was looking for something quick and easy to make and the idea for this recipe came up.  You don't have to bother making patties out of them, you just throw everything in a muffin tin and bake!  It is so simple!  If you let them cool a little bit they will hold together, we just scraped them out of the muffin tin while they were hot so they didnt' have the cute little muffin shape for the photo shoot.

My 12 year old daughter helped me make this, she had a lot of fun processing the ingredients in the food processor and mixing them together by hand in a bowl.  Kids LOVE anything they can spoon into a muffin pan and 'decorate', in this case we 'decorated' with cheese sauce instead of icing.  Bring the kids into the kitchen to help prepare the meal and they will be more likely to enjoy it.

I saved a couple for the next day and just left them in the muffin tin and they retained the cute muffin shape and they were almost better the next day after the flavors really had time to mix together.  Either way it is a delicious and really easy dinner recipe.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

Karen's Vegan Kitchen said...

I made this and it was totally awesome especially with the cheese sauce. I'm planning on making it for Thanksgiving this year.

Pilates said...

I am so glad you enjoyed them, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!