Friday, May 17, 2013

Vegan Taquitos Recipe......

Vegan Taquitos



If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there!   

A delicious tempeh, lentil, brown rice mixture with rich cheese sauce fills these delicious taquitos. We topped them with salsa and homemade dairy free sour cream but you can have them with whatever toppings you like!
A request to create a vegan version of taquitos.....Here it is!

I try to accommodate as many recipe requests as I can, sometimes I can do it quickly and other times it takes me awhile.  This recipe is so very simple and yet my family absolutely LOVED these!  Even K liked these and she generally does NOT like Mexican food at all!


I know I haven't posted in over a week.......it is a long story but we moved most of our things out of our house thinking we had to be out by May 1st.  I didn't pack up all of the kitchen and we packed suitcases and left mattresses on the floor.....once we had loaded up our things we found out that the renters had backed out!

Here we were with an empty house....no kitchen table, no chairs, no couches.....nothing but mattresses, food and pots and pans!  We decided not to go to all the trouble to move back in only to have to move back out again when we found new renters.  We borrowed a card table and 4 old folding chairs from my parents and brought in two camp chairs for the family room.......We are literally camping out in the house!

Dinners lately have been very simple.....no frills.....my husband LOVES simple meals so he has really enjoyed it.  The really cool thing about that is.....we both have lost weight!    I've lost about a three pounds in two weeks!  So I guess if you want to lose weight my simple meal plan works really well!

I had the ingredients to make taquitos so I figured I would just make them the night after I received the request for the recipe.  They were super simple to make with my limited kitchen resources.  

Eating dinner is quite a feat these days.....the card table we have been eating on is EXTREMELY wobbly.  I remember this card table from when I was a young kid 25 years ago!  You have no idea how annoying it is to eat with a large 11 year old boy who cannot sit still for anything......which means the card table is wobbling all over the place while we are all trying to eat our dinner!  I will be so glad when we are able to find a new place, I will  not miss that card table one bit!

Luckily we found new renters and we will be moving out on Saturday....well moving the rest of the way out and then cleaning...... No we do not know where we are going to move to....if one more person asks me that question I am going to scream!  We don't do things like most people do.....nope.....we fly by the seat of our pants literally.  If you ask me if I have a plan I will invariably tell you no, so just don't ask :-)

I will probably be posting more about the simple meals we eat while staying at my mom's house or eating out.  I think it will be really good for many who are new to plant based eating to see how easy it is to find delicious meals anywhere!



No comments: