Friday, June 22, 2012

Gluten Free Rosemary Cheese Crackers

Gluten Free Rosemary Cheese Cracker Recipe


If you would like to continue following my work please visit my new site:  http://www.plantbasednutritionista.com

I hope to see you there!

Crispy, crunchy, cheesy gluten free crackers, you couldn't ask for a better combination!  These crackers are packed with nutrition but they are so delicious I dare you to just try and eat only one!  

I know as a mom I am always looking for healthy snacks for my kiddos.    It can be difficult to find affordable gluten free snacks!  Most boxes of gluten free crackers cost between $5-$7!!  

With two tween kids I can't afford to pay for a $7 box of crackers that they will plow through in 30 minutes!  If you are the mother of tweens or teens you know what I mean.  The options for gluten free crackers in the health food store are endless, however, that doesn't mean that they are healthy. Sure they have a substitute for every cracker on the snack isle of the grocery store.  You can find gluten free Saltines, Ritz, Graham crackers and more.....

I'm not going to pay $7 for a box of junk!  Why pay for refined flours, refined oils, sugar and other ingredients that have no nutritional value!  I created this recipe as a solution to the sad excuse for snacks in the health food stores.  

** I know a lot of women think if they got it from the 'health food' store it must be healthy.  Sorry, but that is absolutely NOT true.  You would be shocked at the ingredients I have found in products on health food store shelves!!  

Sucralose
High fructose corn syrup
Isolated whey protein
Isolated soy protein
White, bleached flour
isolated fructose
 and many more......

Health food stores carry A LOT of junk!!  All of the 'muscle building' isolated protein garbage, poor quality mineral supplements, weight loss supplements and a host of other cheap, unhealthy products.  I find it ridiculous that anyone would believe that some isolated powder would make you 'grow' muscles!  Sorry to burst your bubble but exercise builds muscle not protein!  Yes, you need protein but NOT massive amounts of it, however, supplement companies have got body builders hooked on their refined garbage and they make a lot of money convincing them that they need it!  Kudos to them for their very effective marketing.

Health food stores are not much better than regular grocery stores, you really have to wade your way through a lot of junk.  Don't even get me started on 'pasture-fed' meat and 'organic' dairy products.  I will leave that for another post!   



These rosemary cheese crackers literally take like 5 minutes of prep!!  Busy moms don't have time to slave away in the kitchen trust me, I know!  

Let the kids help you  make these crackers, they will love helping you!!  It is a great summer activity to get the kids in the kitchen and let them help you make their afternoon snack.


s.

3 comments:

Tania said...

My son doesn't handle almonds very well, do you think I could replace them with oats?

Pilates said...

Oats wouldn't work too well, is he able to have any other kind of nut or seed? You could substitute: cashews, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, macadamia nuts, pecans, walnuts.... Hopefully one of those alternatives will work for you.

Tania said...

Sesame seeds will work, thanks!