Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Asian Teriyaki Noodles with Garlic Tempeh Recipe

Asian Teriyaki Noodles and Garlic Tempeh Recipe


If you would like to continue following my work please visit my new site:  http://www.plantbasednutritionista.com

I hope to see you there!


Garlic tempeh, brown rice noodles, and blanched vegetables smothered in a homemade teriyaki sauce!  A delicious combination of sesame oil, a little red pepper sauce and low sodium gluten free tamari sauce.

I couldn't make all of you wait for this delicious summer dish.  You can add any vegetables you have in the fridge, just chop'em and toss'em in!  I've always wanted to create a teriyaki sauce that wasn't so sweet it tasted like dessert!  That is my biggest complaint about all teriyaki sauce recipes,  I don't want an overly sweet dinner.  It actually makes me sick to my stomach to eat that much sugar for dinner.

So, my solution was to look at a lot of different teriyaki sauce recipes and then combine the best of all of them AND reduce the amount of sugar used.  I think this one turned out perfect, it has a hint of sweet but not too much.

I've been creating more recipes on these LONG, boring days of summer.  One of the reasons is because I need to create cooling recipes for dinner so we all don't die of heat stroke in this aweful heat with no air conditioning!

I have been busy in the mornings driving 30 minutes to take my son to his Theater classes but the afternoons are so hot they drag on forever! I'm glad the kids have found some fun things to do over the summer.  Friday nights recipes may be interesting because the boys will be on a father and sons campout......that ought to be an interesting evening of cooking for just the girls.

***My husband cannot handle any heat in his food so this is very mild, you can certainly add any amount of spice you like to this recipe!



No comments: