Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Egg free crepe recipe and the consequences of not writing down recipe creations....

Amazing egg free Crepe Recipe
AKA Roll Up Pancake recipe


I finally perfected my egg free crepe recipe, it took several test recipes before I finally got it right.  My son requested "Roll Up Pancakes" 
 
Looking for The Peaceful Kitchen Recipes

or crepes for his birthday breakfast so I decided to take this opportunity to try to make the recipe 'cookbook' worthy and I believe this time I succeeded.  These crepes were rolled up with delicious blackberry jam.

TIPS For this Recipe:

1.  If you want very thin crepes that will roll easily you need to shake the pan back and forth after pouring in the batter to thin it out nicely.

2. Keep the stove at medium heat and let the pan warm up well before cooking. If the pan gets to hot they will burn or get overly browned before they are finished cooking in the middle.
  
 
-->
Egg free Roll up Pancakes or Crepe recipe
 

Another Lesson Learned........

The Lost recipe for Chocolate Carmel Cookie Bars

Sadly, I created a Delicious recipe for bars that had a cookie bottom with chopped pecan and coconut flakes, topped with a delicious carmel sauce, topped again with cookie dough and then layered with a lot of dairy free chocolate chips!  It was FABULOUS~!

Unfortunately I did NOT write down the recipe and now I am going to have to try and recreate the recipe.  I think I can still improve on what I did last time but they were mighty good the way I had made them.

Moral to the story:  ALWAYS write down your recipe creations, you never know if it is going to turn out amazing or not so don't risk it.

The Peaceful Kitchen on You Tube
 I am very excited to announce our first you tube video.  This video is just a compilation of photos of recipes that will be included in the up coming recipe book.  In the future I will have demonstrations and other videos so stay tuned!  Click the link below to see the video 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The crepes look amazing!