Thursday, August 16, 2012

Vegan Nacho Tempeh and Potato Bake

Vegan Nacho Tempeh and Potato Bake



If you would like to continue to follow my work......
My recipes and I can now be found @

I hope to see you there!   

Homemade, creamy nacho cheese with a little spicy kick smothers smoked tempeh and potatoes.  Don't be fooled by its gourmet sounding title, this cheesy creation is the perfect quick, simple meal.

It has been a hectic week, we've been looking at moving for about a year.  The home I am in right now has a lot of little quirks that are getting difficult for me.  For instance, the cupboards are 10 feet high and therefore most of the cupboard space is unusable for my 4 foot 11 inch self!  Even with a BIG step stool I cannot reach them.  

My kids would always giggle, Mom is climbing on the counters!

It is true, I had to climb on the counters in order to reach food in the cupboards and you know I really don't want to have so much unusable space, and I don't want to climb on counters, as I would normally tell my kids not to.

The kitchen is tiny, no counter space, so I end up doing all my prep on the kitchen table.  It just isn't practical for me.  I won't bore you with all the boring details but without a disposal and other issues I have been ready to move for a long time, the only reason we stayed so long is because we LOVE the people here!  Finding a wonderful place to live where people wave to you when you drive by whether they know you or not is darn near impossible in our egocentric, disconnected world!

So, we found a wonderful home but it was so popular there were three applications that came in at the same time, literally people were sending applications within minutes of seeing the house.  We had to just send it and now I find myself frantically cleaning and boxing because we have to be out by Aug. 31st!!!  YIKES!

I am doing this all alone and it is a HUGE job for one person to box up and clean a whole house!  Sorry for the lack of posts and recipes lately but I just haven't had much time.  

I made this recipe last night just on a whim  because I couldn't think of anything else to make and it turned out really good and my family enjoyed it so I thought I'd share this with  you.

Don't be surprised if I end up posting recipes for my veggie juices, smoothies and other simple recipes because that is what I'm going to be living on for the next couple of weeks.




Announcement:

Amazing Gluten Free Breads E-book coming soon......


Here is a sample photo of my AMAZING, moist gluten free bread recipe!  You do NOT want to miss this e-book!!  This bread is the BEST I have ever tasted, you can break it in half with your hands and there is not a single crumble!  I ate 4 slices as soon as it came out of the oven!!

I created my own proprietary Gluten Free Bread flour Blend

I created a gluten free flour blend with the exact same protein percentage as wheat based bread flour and I couldn't believe the result, it was fantastic!

I have also been trying to find some 'special' ingredient that would provide structure as well as moisture to gluten free breads

I found it!!  You will never believe what this simple ingredient everyone has in their kitchen can do for your gluten free breads!

I am so excited to share this with you, I know so many of you will be so thrilled to have a delicious gluten free sandwich bread you can enjoy.

I know your first question is When will it be available?

Well, I want to include a lot more yeasted breads using this new flour blend and secret ingredient and so I have more recipe creation to do.

We will move into our new home Sept. 1st and I promise as soon as I get in there I will start baking like crazy!

I am hoping to have the e-book ready by Oct. 1st

If you want to know when it will be available and to receive updates follow The peaceful Kitchen on Twitter, Facebook or subscribe to the blog!

No comments: