Get your most pressing nutrition questions answered!
If you would like to continue following my work please visit my new site: http://www.plantbasednutritionista.com
I hope to see you there!
Are you frustrated trying to wade through all the conflicting nutrition advice on the internet, newspapers, magazines etc....
When I teach nutrition classes there are SO many people who ask questions about conflicting information they hear or read on the internet. So often these people have been so misled by special interest groups or individuals who are more interested in getting high readership by spewing out sensational, controversial information that they cause so much confusion!
I am not going to name names here but some of you may know these groups and individuals I am talking about. If you read their websites, blogs, and articles it can make your head spin. They will choose a food, or subject and make the most outrageous claims about it!!
I have NO problem with speaking out against a certain food, IF, and ONLY if you can provide sound scientifically based reasons to make those claims.
I have read dozens and dozens of articles with these sensational claims and guess what! EVERY single time there are several common problems:
- Absolutely, NO research or references are provided to back up the claims being made.
- Research is cited, but the conclusions of the research are twisted to support the authors claims when the actual scientists conclusions do not support those claims.
- References are cited to other articles on the subject that do not have any research to back up the claims.
- Research used on animals using 400 times the amount an average person would ingest is cited giving little credibility to the claims being made.
- Research is cited, and the author does actually make claims that coincide with the conclusions of the research authors but they FAIL to mention that the research was funded by a special interest group that actually SELLS the food item for which the research was done!
Finding the truth about health and nutrition isn't really hard, it just requires a bit of due diligence in verifying the research and references given. Most people just do not have time to try and wade through all the garbage to get to the truth!
Here is where YOU come in!
Please post in the comments below some of your most pressing nutrition questions!
I will read each and every comment and I will either make a video OR a blog post answering your question with detailed references to real research so you can finally understand the truth!
Examples of common questions I receive just to jog your brain about questions you may have.
- I heard of a study that said, chocolate milk is the best post workout food. Is this true?
- I heard of a study that said saturated fat is good for you? Is this true
- I am taking coconut oil to lose weight, does this work and how does it help?
- I heard coconut oil helps hypothyroid, is this true?
Okay, so now it is YOUR turn!
Ask your Questions in the comments Below!