Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sunburgers in Portobello Cream Sauce Recipe

Sunburgers in Portobello Cream Sauce



If you would like to continue following my work please visit my new site:  http://www.plantbasednutritionista.com

I hope to see you there!

Smoky, hearty portobello mushrooms sauteed with garlic and onion and smothered in a rich, creamy sauce topped with my famous sunburgers.   This dish tastes so rich and decadent and yet it is SO simple to prepare.  This is definitely a crowd pleasing recipe to serve to guests.

I have been creating A LOT of recipes in the kitchen lately one recipe that my family loved was a VEGAN version of Noodles and Co. Pesto Cavatappi!

I have decided to keep this recipe in my secret recipe stash but I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe for sunburgers in portobello cream sauce instead.  

It has been quite a busy summer for our family we have really enjoyed spending a lot of time  SUP surfing at the local reservoirs by our home.  We have all made a goal to buy the family SUP board so we can go regularly and not have to rent them.   My son had theater classes he took at the local theater every morning for a couple weeks which at least got my daughter out of bed in the morning!

I have been making a lot of green smoothies, Kale salads and healthier foods this summer as I am trying to eat a lot healthier these days.  I generally do really well for breakfast and lunch and even Dinners aren't so bad but then..........the dessert cravings kick in and that is when I end up ruining all my healthy eating for the day.

I have found that marinating kale in citrus juices makes AMAZING salads!!!  It really breaks down the fiberous kale and I am enjoying it a lot.  I will be posting a few of my new kale salad recipes and I even have a delicious quinoa salad that I need to post as well.

I hope you all enjoy this recipe, I am VERY picky about mushrooms, they have to be prepared just right or they do NOT taste good at all.  The mushrooms in this recipe are very good so don't be afraid to use them, you won't regret it.

No comments: