Thursday, November 6, 2008

Latest Fall Recipes

Pumpkin Hummus Harvest Pizza


It has a light pumpkin hummus topped with tempeh sausage, chopped spinach, bell peppers, onions and a special balsamic drizzle. I would have added tomatoes but I didn't have any. I must admit it is a strange combination for pizza but it is AMAZING!! I decided to try half with vegan mozzarella cheese and half with my own homemade macadamia nut harvest cheese but this pizza doesn't even need cheese the pumpkin hummus has a cheesy flavor. It is a fun fall dish to serve with warm whole wheat breadsticks!!

Cheesy Garlic Yams and Butternut Squash 

Okay, so I've been a little over zealous with the yams and butternut squash lately. I LOVE yams and squash so I have been making every combination I could think of. My daughter informed me tonight that she was sick of yams and squash and asked me why we had to have it every night. Poor Kid. I will be moving on to spaghetti squash and acorn squash for variety.




Quinoa Stuffing

I wanted to make a gluten free stuffing for those who have wheat sensitivites or do not eat wheat. This has a delicious flavor and texture. This is my quinoa stuffing. It may not have the appearance of bread based stuffing but it has a lovely flavor and would be beautiful on any Thanksgiving table.





Balsamic Roasted Yams

We are all used to traditional sweet yam recipes but there are some excellent savory yam and squash recipes out there. The combination of the sweet yam and the balsamic vinegar is delicious!

Creamy Broccoli and Dried Cranberry Salad


My husband LOVED this salad. It has a delcious veganaise and agave whipped dressing with dried cranberries, red onions and broccoli. YUM!!!



This would make a lovely addition to a holiday meal!








Maple Glazed Carrots and Pecans


These carrots have a beautiful look and they taste delicious. They are definately a crowd pleaser!!

They are extremely easy to make and are a great side dish when you are serving children. Children seem to gravitate toward the sweeter taste and you are acutally getting a vegetable in for them so that's a bonus!




I hope you have enjoyed a sneek Peak at the latest recipes from The Peaceful Kitchen!!

If you like what you see, please sign up for our newsletter it is packed full of information and of course FREE recipes!!




No comments: