Monday, December 12, 2011

Latest Vegan Holiday Candy Recipe to Tempt you!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles



If you would like to continue following my work please visit my new site:  http://www.plantbasednutritionista.com

I hope to see you there!
If you are a chocolate chip cookie fan this new vegan holiday candy recipe will have you doing cartwheels!  Delicious chocolate chip cookie dough is hand rolled and then dipped in delicious, rich dairy-free melted chocolate and then chilled to perfection!

These little truffles were a HUGE hit with my family!  My kids kept begging for more, however, I only made about 8 total because I did not want my kids gorging themselves into sugar induced mania!   They have had more than their share of sugar and junk food this holiday season and I did not want to contribute more to the problem.

My hubby has finally started to recognize the health damaging effects of sugar!  He is a sugaraholic of the worst kind.  He doesn't have one cookie, or two, he will eat 5 cookies and then complain about not feeling well.  He has begun struggling with headaches, joint problems, inflammation and host of health problems.  He finally came home yesterday and said, I need to get off of sugar!  He has said this many times before so I generally do not get overly excited when he says it but I hope this time he will actually do it.

He is on Day Two of not eating sugar!  Who knows if he will make it home from work without sugar, and I know it is tough over the holidays to avoid it and I am sure he will have dessert at the Christmas parties but starting January I think we will all be making quite a few changes.

So, what does this mean for the blog?  I will be focusing on healthy, whole foods in the coming year!  The recipes will still be as delicious and satisfying as ever but the desserts will probably begin to be roasted apples and cinnamon or lightly sweetened with much less sugar!  Hopefully my blog readers will also take the challenge to reduce refined sweeteners and embrace an even healthier lifestyle in the coming year!

Okay, enough rambling on about not eating sugar, LETS HAVE SOME TRUFFLES!!!









No comments: