Monday, September 19, 2011

Tofu and Vegetable Curry recipe with an Orange twist

Tofu Orange Vegetable Curry Recipe

Delicious mild curry spices flavor this delicious tofu, lentil and vegetable dish with a little orange surprise.  This curry contains a delicious array of spices and has a delicious mild flavor for those who don't like spicy dishes but it features a full flavor the whole family will enjoy.

Okay, so you are probably wondering what in the world orange wedges are doing in curry.  Well....honestly I have no idea but I can tell you that they are DELICIOUS!  You can eat the whole orange, rind and all and the curry flavor on the orange is definitely a must try experience!  The slight, sweet flavor of the orange in the curry creates a divine flavor in this dish.  I really wanted to create a meal that was different and yet somewhat familiar. 

Will kids eat it?  I was worried because my daughter is quite picky but she LOVED this curry!  Both of my kids devoured this and asked for more.  Even my traditional pasta and veggie burger loving husband really loved this meal.  I asked him if this was a blog worthy recipe and he said, absolutely!  So here it is, I am sharing this amazing, yet, different curry dish for you to try.

Do not judge by its odd ingredients, it is a definite keeper recipe and I'm sure you will make it often.  Another perk of this curry recipe, it is easy to prepare.  It is a one-pot meal, easy clean up! 

Tofu Vegetable Orange Curry




**If you would like to cut the cooking time in half you can use pre-cooked brown rice or instant brown rice and cook for 20 minutes. If you use pre-cooked or instant rice cut the water down to 1 1/2 cups.

1 comment:

Gerbers said...

We made this for dinner tonight and loved it! Adding the orange gives it a nice new flavor to switch things up.