Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Lunch Recipes






Beat The Summer Heat with Cool Summer Lunch Recipes.....

Looking For the recipes:
Integrative Healing Clinic
Hummus, Kale, Cilantro Lemon Sandwich





This recipe is a twist on the recipe from The Engine 2 Diet book.  The combination of foods sounds odd, but believe me, it is DELICIOUS!!  I had this for lunch yesterday and Dinner today, yeah, it's that good!

The Kale and onion are sauteed in vegetable broth with lemon juice, lemon pepper and garlic powder until tender.  I use ezekiel bread toasted and spread liberally with hummus.  I put sliced tomato, green onion and cilantro on top of the kale and squeeze with lemon and more lemon pepper.  You can put thin lemon slices on if you are really adventurous, I like it without the lemon slices personally.

Give this one a try, I think you will really enjoy it.  


It's a great way to get a variety of greens in your diet!

 

BBQ Sunburger Taco Leftovers...

We had BBQ Taco's one night, they were delicious!!!

I had leftover taco filling and so the next day I made a delicious taco salad, served over green leaf lettuce, with a little avocado and tofu sour cream!  DIVINE!  This recipe is made with our staple sunburgers, my homemade BBQ sauce with corn, rice and beans.
This is a little heavier of a meal, so I eat it on nice cool rainy summer days.

Garbanzo Salad Wrap


My kids LOVE garbanzo salad sandwiches!!  I made this little number because we have chard growing like crazy in the garden and I needed ways to serve it.  I used a large swiss chard leaf and filled it with tomato, cucumber, onion and garbanzo salad.  Roll it up and serve!
This is a quick, simple lunch and it is delicious!



Serve in casseroles that call for tuna, it is excellent in wraps, on sandwiches and even in pasta salad. 


Lunch Wrap Recipe Suggestions:
  • Steamed collard leaves make great wraps
  • Swiss chard fresh or raw
  • Large green leaf lettuce
  • Large Romaine lettuce leaves
  • Ezekiel sprouted grain tortillas
  • Cabbage leaves
  • Rice spring roll wraps
Spread hummus, bean dip, mustard, BBQ sauce or whatever condiments sound good and fill it up.

Wrap filling suggestions:

  • Brown rice
  • Black beans
  • cabbage
  • green onion
  • tomato
  • white onion
  • garbanzo beans
  • Avocado
  • sprouts
  • green peas
  • corn
  • edamame
  • matchstick carrots
  • cucumber
  • zucchini
  • kidney beans
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • red bell pepper
  • pineapple
  • mango, black bean, cilantro and brown rice
The combinations are endless.......

No comments: