Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Candies & Desserts

Christmas Treats


After a little break for the holidays with my parents I decided to post my newest holiday creations. Starting from the bottom: peanut butter cups, peanut butter fudge, english toffee top: chocolate carmels, turtles, peppermint truffles and the center is mint truffles.

These were delectable!!! Recipes will be coming to the website soon: www.thepeacefulkitchen.com

Coconut Cream Pie


I am very proud of this recipe, it was extremely rich and creamy. It had a beautiful coconut flavor and the cashew whip cream turned out light, fluffy and delicious!!

I'm usually a die hard chocolate fan but this was truly delectable!! YUM!




Blueberry Surprise
My husband's mom makes a very good blueberry jello with whip cream, it was one of my husbands favorite side dishes. So I set out to create a vegan version and this turned out AMAZING!! The jello has lemon juice and is made with agar, a seaweed, then I added blueberries and turbinado. The cream is a cashew whip cream recipe I came up with that is light and fluffy. It took many attempts because cashew cream tends to be sticky and thick. This was divine!


We had a delicious Christmas dinner similar to Thanksgiving. My parents were here for a week and so I fell behind on my blogging. These recipes will also be coming out soon.

No comments: