Sunday, October 26, 2008

Turkey Free Thanksgiving

A Peaceful Vegan Thanksgiving



Despite the fact that I have been a vegan for many years, I have always had Thanksgiving with family members who insisted on the usual Thanksgiving fare, including turkey. While I never ate the turkey I always wanted to enjoy Thanksgiving without the turkey on the table. This Thanksgiving marks a special occasion for me, my first, real Turkey-free Thanksgiving!

This year I am excited to have my first peaceful Thanksgiving. I have been busy testing recipes and planning my Thanksgiving menu. I know I'm like a child in a candy store but for me this is an exciting occasion. I get to plan my own Thanksgiving meal and enjoy it with my husband and two children, and anyone else who wants to fly out to enjoy it with us ;-) All the recipes and Thanksgiving menu will be available on my website in mid-November.

I will have Thanksgiving recipes available for:

Cranberry relish
Yam Casserole
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Corn
Stuffing
Mock turkey
Pumpkin pie
Apple pie
Wassail
Eggnog
Chocolate desserts
and many other recipe favorites for Thanksgiving.

If you want an Un-Turkey for your Thanksgiving and Christmas Celebrations here are a few suggestions:

Tofurkey: This can be found at your local Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Good Earth or other natural food store. It comes with delicious stuffing and it is a great main course for your holiday meal.

Field Roast Celebration Roast: This roast has a delicious, rich flavor and is filled with a delicious wild rice stuffing. For more information visithttp://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001C951cN-W-Q1VcQyuP6mHan4-GLsG3_WsUPPCs6x444wuMuwzH__psUvY6copMTfeJwIVTf0RDsrhqE08--npysIxQScX-9fV2tfQ6FivoyqUs-c8HJjvAA==

Tofu Turkey: This tofu turkey has won awards and praises from PETA. www.freshtofu.com

If you are adventurous and want to make your own Un-Turkey this Thanksgiving, Please continue to check the website for updates on Thanksgiving menus and recipe collections.

No comments: