Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Quick Gluten Free Holiday Treat Recipe

Melt in Your Mouth Vegan and Gluten Free Mexican Wedding Cookies or Russian Tea Cake Recipe



If you would like to continue following my work please visit my new site:  http://www.plantbasednutritionista.com

I hope to see you there!

Delicious, melt in your mouth Mexican wedding cookie recipe to grace your Holiday dessert table!  These little round cookies are an absolutely delicious vegan and gluten free version of the ever popular Mexican wedding cookie also known as Russian tea cake.   My grandmother used to make the most delectable collection of Christmas candies, including these delicious little cookies.   I have been thinking a lot about her this Christmas season and all the wonderful traditions that she started in our family.  The delicious holiday desserts and candies are one thing I fondly remember about my grandmother and in her honor just before the holidays I wanted to post my delicious rendition of her amazing, melt in your mouth Mexican wedding cookie aka Russian tea cakes.

I know I have been MIA for a few days, it has been an extremely busy holiday season for me, and hardly any of my holiday shopping has been done, I have been enjoying family and enjoying many other aspects of the holidays and I have been avoiding the crazy shopping that seems to occur this time of year.  I have been reflecting on those who live in third world countries who have so much less than we do and how often we forget to serve the less fortunate, to clothe the naked, feed the hungry, comfort the widow, to serve others and give of what we have.  If more of us would step outside of our small little busy world we create for ourselves and do what is REALLY important this world would be a much better place for ALL!


I haven't been able to thrust myself into the shopping frenzy, the gift buying madness because it all seems so selfish and so trivial when you reflect on what really matters in life.  As long as there are people on this earth who are suffering, starving, cold, and in need the last thing on our mind should be  buying gifts for those who already have more than they need, we should be giving of our substance to those who are truly in need!  


It says a lot about a society that is richly blessed when they forget the hungry, the homeless, the naked, the widow, the suffering and then go and  spend  ridiculous amounts of money buying 'gifts' for those who have no need! 

So even though many would see my lack of shopping to be laziness or a lack of Christmas spirit, in reality it has been my hearts desire to spend this season with more in my heart than just thoughts of buying gifts for those who have no need for them.

Okay, so I guess it is time to jump off my soapbox and post my delicious recipe.  But maybe as you prepare this wonderful holiday recipe you will remember my words and hopefully you will feel inspired to do some service for someone in need.  Enjoy!


 

No comments: