Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Vegan Pina Colada Smoothie Recipe

Pina Colada Smoothie Recipe

If you would like to continue following my work please visit my new site:  http://www.plantbasednutritionista.com

I hope to see you there!

Beat the summer heat with this cool and refreshing Pina Colada Smoothie!  This rich, creamy smoothie features electrolyte rich coconut water to keep you hydrated, sweet frozen pineapple boosted with the natural sweetness of dates and stevia.  

I combined the two versions of this smoothie in the picture  you see above, this smoothie can be made into a Green Smoothie, or you can leave it as a traditional style Pina Colada smoothie.

First, you must understand that I have Never tasted a Pina Colada before, I haven't even had a virgin Pina Colada so please understand this may not taste like the alcoholic drink you may have had sitting on the beach in Cancun or something like that.  This is meant to be a cool, refreshing, healthy smoothie for a hot summer day.

We do not have air conditioning in our home and when it gets to be 100 degrees outside there is NO way I am going to cook dinner.  Instead of cooking we generally eat fruit or smoothies and something light.  This was part of dinner last night and my family LOVED it!

You will notice the different colors in the glass, the bottom is the green smoothie recipe, the middle is the traditional pina colada recipe and the top is the pina colada green smoothie again.  I made it fun and mixed it up in the glass!!

My daughter is the pickiest of the bunch and my husband has SUPER TASTER powers so I know between the two of them if they approve it is a blog worthy recipe.  They both whole-heartedly approved of this smoothie.  So here is the beat the heat Pina Colada Smoothie Recipe!!!




**When I am making a smoothie for a meal I like to add  a plant-based protein to my smoothie.  Sunwarrior makes a DELICIOUS brown rice protein that is not chalky or gritty so I like to use it when making smoothies for dinner.

No comments: